It is important that you read and re-read this page before you consider undergoing this surgery
When a person begins to show signs of sagging of eyelids or bags and creases in the lower eyelids, this surgery produces a rejuvenating and refreshing change in a person. Even in cases that warrant total rejuvenation of face and eyelids, it can give a striking change in facial aesthetics allowing postponing the rest face for a few months.
Usually done under local anesthesia and IV sedation, the patient is maintained pain free in a pleasant state of twilight. You will be able to follow verbal instructions during the surgery, although there is no recollection after surgery.
The duration in case of the 4-eyelid surgery, i.e. both the upper and lower, is 2 hours. Some people require only upper, some only lower, in this case it is a one-hour surgery.
You will be discharged the same day at 5 pm, if surgery is done early in the morning. If you live across the border, you will remain overnight at the clinic and will be discharged the following morning. (Click To my patients who Live Outside Tijuana for more information).
Below are some important pointers regarding “before and after” eyelid surgery:
1. Do not take aspirin or aspirin products for 2 to 3 weeks prior to surgery. (Click Non recommended Medicines for more information.)
2. For three consecutive nights before surgery wash the entire face, including your ears,with Isodine foam (Betadine in the US) shampoo. Your pharmacist may suggest an alternative product if you are unable to find it.
3. Do not eat food or drink any fluids from 12 PM the night before surgery.
4. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
5. Bring a scarf and large, dark sunglasses with you to the clinic.
6. If you get cold, sore throat or pimples inside the nose, call the office.
1. Go directly home and remain at rest for 24 to 48 hours. Rest and sleep on your back not on your side.
2. You may get up to use the toilet and for meals only.
3.The first day at home you should take sips of fluids, gradually increasing to a soft diet. If you do not have nausea, you can eat normally.
4. Take your medicine as directed. You cannot drink alcohol during this treatment.
4. Do not touch, rub or bump your eyes.
5. Apply small ice gel packs to the eyes every 4 hours for 15 minutes.
6. 7. Avoid the sun, hot meals, hot baths and hot environment for a week
To view some cases of this surgery click Photo Gallery.
Any questions before and after your surgery may be answered in person by calling the office, 684-2551 (US: 619-730-1917) or my cell 664-283-0976 or click Contact us for more information.
I wish you an excellent experience in Plastic Surgery and a speedy recovery.